Monday, January 9, 2006

i'm acheing and exhausted

Yesterday Danielle and John and I went hiking. It was supposed to be a fairly simple 6 mile hike, 3 miles to the waterfall, 3 miles back. Danielle had gone hiking there a few years ago, while she was in high school still. At that time there was a road up the mountain to the trails. Well a couple years ago they closed that road to the public and never reopened it. That road is a steep uphill 3 mile climb. That was exhausting but we kept on going. We found a trail that led to the waterfall. It was a 4 mile hike there and 4 miles back. Then there's the 3 miles down the mountain. 14 miles total. We had to cross creaks several times. I, of course, have problems with balance so I slipped off of the rocks and soaked my shoes, socks, and lower legs. If JOhn wasn't so great about helping me I'd have fallen on my butt several times or gone face first down steep hills. John always goes much slower than he can go to help me try to keep up. Danielle stops as well and lets me catch up. John is a gentleman out on the trails, always holding my hand and guiding me through the difficult parts of a hike. I did fall to my knee at one point crossing the creak but I would have fallen several times without his help. On the way back up from the waterfall both patiently waited for me while I stopped many times out of pure exhaustion. My back and legs hurt so bad I just couldnt' walk anymore but stopping every few minutes with their constant support helped me get up that long hill. Once we were heading down the long road toward the car I was ok.

We walked and walked until we got to a pretty, natural waterfall. Once there we sat down on some rocks near the waterfall and ate the subway sandwhiches they had bought that morning (I gave Danielle the money for mine at dinner). We put them in my backpack and John and Danielle took turns carrying the backpack with the sandwhiches and several bottles of water. I offered to carry it some of the way but they knew my back hurt and didn't let me. I am thankful for that.

After the hike we went to Daneille's house for a little while before going to Burger King for dinner. I ordered a soda and some onion rings and ate the other half of my subway (cheese only) sandwhich. After that the three of us went to Starbucks because John's mom had given us each a $10 gift certificate for there for Chrismas. I got a medium (grande?) hot caramel apple cider.

When I got home I went to bed before being home very long. Probably 630 or 7pmish. I woke up at midnight, ate something, and took a shower. I then stayed up and took care of some things on the computer and watched some tv and went back to sleep around 3:30am.

Today I had to go to the mental health clinic, as I do every monday, wednesday, and friday. I was late getting there becuase I got ready this morning and layed down for "just a minute" and fell back asleep. So I left the house about 10 minutes later than I shoudld have. If my mom hadn't of woke me back up I wouldn't have gone at all. I saw Kelly, my therapist. She's the best therapist I've ever had. She always dresses uniquely. Today she had extensions in her hair. She encouraged me to blog more so that's why I'm writing this entry today. She could tell I was exhausted and in pain. I should be smart and not go hiking because I know the next day I feel like a big piece of elephant poop. I hurt all over. It even hurts to breathe. my legs and the bottom part of my butt hurt the worst, my upper and lower legs hurt too and of course my back hurts. It takes a lot of effort to sit or stand up. I tried to take a nap when I got home but didnt get to sleep long. I spent most of the afternoon and early evening in bed trying to sleep. Just about every time I'd just get comfortable and sleepy someone would come in my room. I hate days like that, which is most days.

Well I've been sitting in one spot as long as I can so I'm going to go lay down for a bit after I get something to drink. I'll have to get back up in a while to finish my votes on e2 and try to play catch-up with LifeSIGNS.



Blog Archive